Yoga for beginners

Everybody residing in India is well aware about yoga and it’s benefits. But, the main problem with YOGA is to get up early in the morning and that too regularly.

Nowadays everybody is too busy and tensed and people really want peace and happiness. But due to ignorance people (even we did so) search happiness in different material things like new furniture, new places to visit, new dresses, movie etc. but, believe me, happiness and peace is nowhere else but here at HOME at your place.

I was also facing the same problem, wanted happiness, even want to do yoga , but how to set up the routine? Somehow we found about Parmartha Niketan in Rishikesh which offers some yoga courses. So, we decided to do a yoga course named - “Spiritual retreat”. One can found about the different yoga courses at Parmatha, Rishikesh on their website.

Spiritual Retreat (5 days course for Rs. 4500/- per head) was an amzaing course to begin with. Meditation, Pranayam, Loosing excersises, Surya namaskar, light asanas, vedic chanting and knowledge of yoga in Gita was given by good teachers. Ganga aarti and havan were also included in the course although this was routinely followed by people over there. Sattvic diet was given in the ashram and we were asked to take only ashram’s food. everything was really good and on the whole the course really provides peace.

After doing this 5 days course, we (me and my husband) were able to exercise yoga atleast 5 days a week. So, now we wake up in between 5:30 to 6:00 am and starts yoga at 6:30 am till 8:00 am. We also had preapred weekly chart to cover up all the asanas. Here is the brief overview of the excercises followed per day:
6:30 am - 6:35 am Pranayam (Kapalbhati)
6:35 am - 6:55 am Nada Yoga (sound meditation, we had bought CD of one of our teacher - Mataji for Nada Yoga. She had really got heavenly voice and belive me listening to her voice itself gives peace)
6:55 am - 7:15 Loosing excersises
7:15 - 7:35 Asanas
7:35 - 8:00 am 12 rounds of Surya Namaskars

This was followed by sattvic diet throughout the day.

This routine was followed on daily basis with different sets of Asanas, rest being the same.
Benefits which I found in myself during this routine:

1. Peace of mind
  2. Flexible and Light body which makes me active

In case I feel short of time I atleast do the following:

1. Kapalbhati Pranayam
  2. Loosning excersises
  3. Surya namaskar (speed increases with practice)

This will take 35 minutes and you are active for the rest of your day :slight_smile:

Teachers at Parmartha follows the book named - “Pranayam Asana Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyanand Saraswati.
This book is called as YOGA manual and is the best book worlwide on YOGA.