Vegetable pulao is my all time favourite. It is easy to make and healthy too. The greatest advantage which I found in making pulao is that it is prepared with the least utensils I.e. Only a pressure cooker and spatula
Although all the vegetable pulao are healthy but this one had an added advantage of iron into it.
- Chopped palak - 250gms
- Chopped potatoes - 1 large
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 large
- Chopped bottle guard - 100gms
- Basmati rice ( soaked in water for 1/2 hour) 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbs
- Hing (asafoetida) - pinch
- Coriander powder - 2 tbs
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbs
- Red chilly powder - according to taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tbs
- Bay leaves 2-3
- Pure desi ghee - 2 tbs
- Take a pressure cooker and add ghee into it. Add hing, cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add all the vegetables including palak. Turn upside down 3-4 times. Wait for 1/2 minute.
- Now add all the spices except salt.
- Add rice and again turn upside down 2-3 times. wait for a minute.
- Add 2 cup water. Add salt.
- Cover the lid of the cooker. Set the flame on high
- After a whistle, set the flame to low.
- Wait for 4 minutes. Tun off the gas.
- Wait till all the pressure of the cooker is released. Serve hot with daal, curd, papad, achaar.
Chopped vegetables and soaked rice
Add hing, cumin seeds and bay leaves
Add chopped vegetables
Add all the spices except salt. Turn upside down with spatula
Add rice and turn upside down
Add water and salt
Serve hot with any chutney or gravy of your choice