Healthy Oats Idly

Oats is one of the very healthy snack which I made very frequently including oats pancake, oats dailya. In search of some more healthy snack recepies I found the recipe of oats dhokla on internet. I decided to make make exactly same recipe but in a idly stand… This tricoloured recipe turns out to be be very attractive…tasty and healthy…just check it out…

Ingredients:

1. Oats 1cup
  2. Sooji 1 cup
  3. Dahi/yogurt 3/4 cup
  4. Regular ENO
    5.finely chopped capsicum 1/2 cup
    6.finely chopped tomatoes 1/2 cup
  5. Haldi, garam masala1/2 tbs(optional)

Method:

1. Dry roast sooji in a pan
  2. Dry roast oats in a pan
  3. Mix sooji and oats and let it cool down
  4. Add yogurt and some water and bring it down to the consistency of dhokla and put it for 10 min.
  5. After 10 min. , check the consistency of the batter, add little bit of water if required…
  6. Add salt, haldi and garam masala powder
  7. Now, prepare the steamer. Take dhokla dish or idly stand and spread some oil over it.
  8. Add ENO salt in the batter and beat it well and then put batter in the Dish/idly stand.
  9. Sprinkle capsicum and tomatoes on the batter and let the batter get steamed for 5-8 mins.
  10. Serve hot with any chutney…

Note: you can add onions, grated carrots to make it more healthy and tasty…
Soured yogurt enhances the tastes of oats idly…please check some pictures for help…

Dry roasted sooji and oats

After adding salt, haldi, garam masala powder(mixture containing yogurt oats and sooji was already rested for 5 min.)

Enjoy!

Few snaps will be really helpful.