This blog is about preparing any sookhi sabji (dry vegetables) at home. This is the common method and it can be used to prepare almost every sookhi sabzi.
- Take Lohe ki kadai. Put it in medium flame.
- Add 2-4 table spoon mustard oil. (for 1/2 kg vegetables, 4 spoon oil is sufficient. Add more or less depending upon your daily oil consumption)
3.When mustard oil is hot, add 1 tbs zeera, pinch of hing.
- Now add chopped dry vegetables.
- Just after adding vegetable, add namak and haldi (1 tbs).
- Toss the vegetables.
- Add the lid on the pan. Put the gas on medium flame.
8.Every after 2-3 min. make the vegetable upside down, so that the vegetables do not get stick on the base of the pan. Keep the lid again.
- Just check every time, whether the vegetables are done or not. As soon as the water in the vegetables is dried, remove the lid.
- Add dhaniya powder, lal mirch powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder. Toss the vegtables and let it there in the slow flame.
11 After 3-4 minute add finely chopped dhaiya leaves.
- Remove the sabzi in some ther pan/container.
This sabzi is without onoin and garlic, if you want to add onion garlic, add after step 3.
Tips for tasty sabzi:
- Use lohe ki kadai.
- Do not add any amount of water for sooki sabji. It will cook with its own water content which will enhance the taste. This will take less time also.