Classroom table and desks for a new school

When my father was setting up his school, i was given the task to finalize the school desks. I thought this would be an easy task to do as I wouldn’t have much to decide upon. Turned out that I was not right. You will have to make right choices for the school desks.

• Iron Frame + Iron Top
  • MS Frame + MDF Board Top
  • MS Frame + Particle Board Top
  • MS Frame + Ply Board Top
  • Iron Frame + MDF Board Top
  • Iron Frame + Particle Board Top
  • Iron Frame + MDF Board Top

All metallic one does not look that nice. They might be more durable but they does not add any value to the class aesthetic. One should go for the wood one having MS or Iron legs.

Selection Of Top

MDF Board and Particle Board top provides better finishing. But they are not that durable and can easily deteriorate if exposed to moisture. Between Particle And MDF, MDF Board is more durable. But for school purpose my advise will be not to go for particle or MDF board.

Selection Of Frame

MS provides a better finish but again the MS has limited shelf life and has no resale value. I will suggest to use Iron Frame.

So it should be Iron Frame + Ply Board top.

Desk Sizes

I also struggled with the desk sizes. As the desk providers were asking for the desk sizes and I wasn’t sure what would be the standard size. After spending countless hours, I decided upon the following dimensions and desks have been fulfilling their purpose. So I can assume that I ordered the right sizes.

For 3rd to 6th Class

Desk height = 28 inch
Desk width=18 inch
Desk length = 48 inch

Seat height = 16 inch
Seat width=13 inch
Seat length = 48 inch

Seat Back height = 30 inch
Seat back width = 11 inch

Gape between Desk and Bench = 12”

For 1st and 2nd class

Desk height = 24 inch
Desk width=16 inch
Desk length = 48 inch

Seat height = 14 inch
Seat width=13 inch
Seat length = 48 inch

Seat Back height = 26 inch
Seat back width = 11 inch

Gape between Desk and Bench = 10”

Vendors
In Uttar Pradesh, one can purchase these desks from the following companies.

Address: C-, Patparganj Industrial Area, Patparganj, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Phone: 011 4214 1344

This is Delhi/Ghaziabad based company. I had a very good experience working with them. They also deal in modular furniture workstations etc.

Address: 87/75, Railway Rd, Acharya Nagar, Colonelganj, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208003
Phone: 098392 14357

This is Kanpur based company. Owner Anuj is a very nice fellow and will guide and advise you properly.

Dear
Pls the price for 2000 unit FOB