Assembly tips to build a general purpose desktop under 30,000 rupees in July 2017.
- A faster CPU does help but that is not the only factor for performance. Use 2 generation behind the latest model. Like right now in July 17, i7 is in the market. But from cost perspective it makes sense to go for i3.
- Companies - Intel
- Choose a mother board that supports for your processor.
- Choose a mother board that can support up to 16 GB RAM.
- Motherboard that you are buying uses solid state capacitors everywhere.
- Companies - Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI
- More RAM is better than faster RAM
- Use 2 x 4GB RAM
- Companies - Corsair, Kingston, Transcend
- 1 TB Hard Drive
- Companies - WD, Segate
- DVD RW should be opted for which can also support CD.
- Companies - ASUS
- Good monitors cost somewhere around Rs 10,000.
- 22 to 24 inch in size, has 1080P resolution and a panel made of IPS technology.
- For under 5K range, one can choose 16 inch monitors of AOC, iball company.
- Companies - LG, Samsung, Dell, Aoc
- NEVER COMPROMISE on power supply unit
- Quality of power is more important than quantity
- 400 to 450 watt is enough power
- Companies - Corsair, Seasonic, Cooler Master
- Don’t buy a cheap chassis
- Companies - Cooler Master, Antec, Corsair
Keyboard And Mouse
- Logitech mouse and keyboards are tried and tested.
- Companies - Creative, F & D
CPU - INTEL i 3 (7100) [7000 Rupees]
MotherBoard - GIGABYTE B250M-DS3H [6300 Rupees]
Hard Drive -1TB SATA AV WD [3100 Rupees]
RAM - 4GB DDR4 /CORSAIR [2500 Rupees]
Power Supply - COOLER MASTER 450W [2100 Rupees]
Optical Drive - ASUS SATA BOX [2000 Rupees]
Monitor - AOC 16" (1670SW) [3300 Rupees]
Cabinet - ANTEC VSK 4000 [1700 Rupees]
Keyboard/Mouse - LOGITECH KIT W/L /MK220 [1000 Rupees]
Speakers - F &D E 200 2.0 [800 Rupees]
Total Cost = 29800
Average 18% GST Might be applicable on all these items.
- Computer Empire at Nehru Place
- Cost to Cost at Nehru Place. Their price list pricelist.pdf (110.1 KB)